Sunday, February 26, 2012

One headed out, one in Kinder and two in between

When I made the "life plan" I never wrote down.."I think I will space my kids out 6 years in between (3 of them) to where I have a senior in high school and a middle schooler and a kindergarten kiddo (I also have a 3rd grader in there too). What idiot does that? I am buying graduation invitations and t-ball pants in the same year. I didn't plan well at all. I am paying for college and teaching my five year old (special needs child) to read in the same year. If I had stopped and thought about this, well I would have gone another direction. That is why God did the planning.

I was done having children after Cass, my third child, when He whispered the "adoption option" in my ear. TJ was about 11 or 12 when we started considering this and I was in my mid to late 30's...this was not an issue now and GOD knew it. See, he knows my heart. He knows if I had done the math on how old I would be now I would say, "Hmmmm.....I think I might be in my late 50's when my little Ikester graduates."

Funny how God works. Sneaky even. Wonderful still:) If he gave us the playbook ahead of time, we would most likely never attempt half of our adventures. Therefore, I will carpool to Kindergarten with a smile while I plot how I can afford Texas Tech with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment