Sunday, June 8, 2014

Still Here

After 2 years of fighting this cancer, it is weird to say I am used to it.  Chemo has become a way of life to us.  The kids don't really even register that I have cancer anymore. That is a curse and a blessing all in one. There are rather high expectations where my energy is concerned.  The expectations are set upon me by me but my Joe and the kids are guilty of this too.  I won't stop until I literally drop.  I monitor my energy level. I nap before big events or long activities and then I usually plan one day in bed a week. (This does not mean I don't get really angry or depressed sometimes but it kind of like "Oh well...." around here)

Joe is gone until SEPT 3. Yes, I said 3 months.  It will benefit us in the end but right now I feel like I have Satan at all four sides and he is whipping my butt. I am pretty stubborn by nature.  I am trying not to add to my plate (which is full to the brim right now).  Don't worry, I am armed with various weapons-figuratively and literally.

My prayer request is an odd one.  The regular "heal me prayer" is always the first thing I ask for from my friends.  Pray that I am miraculously healed. COMPLETELY.
But my second prayer is that I publish my novel.  I want to leave that as a legacy and a provision for my family.  Some people have relayed to me that this should be the last thing I worry about. Well, I still have dreams cancer can not erase.  If you pray, I appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment