Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 2


Day 2:

We usually have a system for the beach.  Go play at beach, shower off outside, and go to pool to make sure all the sand is off.  Then come back inside, take suit off INSIDE shower (sand is yucky in a house) and chill.  Repeat in a couple of hours until they drop in a bed.  I kind of have to stay on them.  Tanner sneaks out to the beach at odd times.  The rule is he leaves a note (where and who he might take with him).  Otherwise, he is grown-goodbye and have fun.  Usually someone tags along with him.  But I give freedom to my kids over 12 on the beach.  If they are younger than Tanner they have to have a buddy with them at all times.  Ike is not allowed out at the beach or pool without me, Joe or Tanner. I would probably count Sherry in that too.  

Cassidy and I usually sneak down to the beach early in the morning to hunt for shells.  Precious time.  Today she went with Joe.  I am slightly miffed.  Just kidding.  I slept until Joe made a huge noise in the kitchen.  

The beach was literally covered with tiny shells this morning.  Almost painful to walk across them.  They were beautiful just not nice to our feet.  It will be different tomorrow.  Everyday the beach looks different for some reason.  

The boys are plotting to rent a Kayak.  If you had asked me about this two years ago, I would have said it was too dangerous.  But now, I am very relaxed about it.  Just limiting them to the bay area-not ocean.  Tanner is a strong swimmer. The rest are “good” swimmers but I don’t know about strong.  I am still protective enough to insist on life jackets.  And sunscreen...always sunscreen.  (Not mentioning who did not put any on yesterday.....hmmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment