Friday, June 28, 2013

Life on Hold

Joe and I had a "date" in two nights ago.  We haven't been able to have a conversation since the beach. We put the kids to bed, locked the door and just talked about serious stuff and insanely goofy things.  (It is almost impossible for me to have a serious conversation without busting out some type of giggle fest.

One of my more serious questions was-How much of life do we put on hold?  We recently made the decision to not move if he gets the opportunity in this stage of my cancer.  I can't tell you HOW much I hate this idea. But I know Joe is right.

So how much more of our life do we put on hold or cancel? I don't feel sick right now  AT ALL.  I have some fatigue but nothing like I did last summer.  I am of the mindset that we just keep living life. But there are some things that take planning. I don't know how much to plan or not plan.

If you know me, the NOT knowing part of this kills me.  I am a planner by nature. Do I not plan vacations, Christmas, trips? I don't know.  I feel like I am waiting...but waiting for what?  Death, a cure, a symptom, a doctor to give me an itinerary of my cancer journey?  What exactly am I waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment