Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Carrie Underwood-dang it!

I was OK this morning.  Took my chemo pills, marched out the door for no less than 8 errands.  (ALL DAY!)  I thought I was doing great until I got a call from one of my many doctors.  He didn't know about the Stage 4.  His assistant was getting the low down on it so she could pass it along. Two kids were in the car, so I tip toed through the subject matter.  Most people would have just said "I'll call you back" but that means I actually have to, so I answered the questions. Then I dropped off one kid and Carrie Underwood's song "I'll See You Again" came on.

Bawled like a big baby while Ikester played with his leapster.  Seriously-it was a downpour.
The words struck me, hard. Glad the other kids weren't in the car.

So at the end of the day-I am in a real funk.  I don't care about writing (which I should since I have to be done in two days!), I don't care about dinner....just want to curl up and sleep.  I am determined NOT to let depression sneak up on me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment