Thursday, August 8, 2013

Catscan

My first catscan will be on August 12. Results on August 13.  A catscan vs. petscan was chosen because catscans measure size of tumors/nodules.  Petscans measure "hotness" of tumor or nodules.  As of May mine were kind of in the slight to medium range as far as "hot" tumors go.  The size/spreading is what we are worried about right now.

On August 12, if the scan comes back with the result that nodules have not grown, diminished or some go away, I stay on Xeloda.  (Drug #1).  Xeloda has been tolerable.  If the nodules have grown, multiplied or spread then I take drug #2 with Xeloda.  This changes everything.  I will have decreased quality of life.  So obviously we are praying for complete remission first, diminished or vanishing nodules second or at the very least-stable.

Please pray over my Catscan. My deepest prayer is that the cancer is gone-forever.  I know this is unlikely but I am still praying for that.  Depending on what is said on Tuesday, I may not be on Facebook that day. Silence is never a good sign from me.  lol

On the sunny side, I feel ok.  I don't feel like I have stage 4-triple negative breast cancer.  I am reacting to oral chemo but don't feel "sick" from the cancer. I have two oncologists-Fleener and one at MD Anderson (who I will see on the 19th).

Thank you for all of your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment