Friday, September 27, 2013

County Fair

We have the county fair next week but really anyone that has kids that show animals-KNOWS it doesn't actually start on Sunday-it really starts in April (with goats) and late summer with Rabbits. Lots of prep work goes into animals.  Clipping, feeding, grooming, water and lots of daily driving.  (MONEY!) It is worth it when they go to auction.  That is how my kids are saving up for their living expenses for college and a car. So it DOES pay off WHEN/if they go to auction.

I think my kids have forgotten that I am taking chemo. Chemo wipes you out on a regular day.  And my lovely side effects don't help matters. When you add running back and forth to goats (they don't live in our back yard-ten min drive each day), helping them work them and rabbit stuff plus you add in football practice, violin lessons, middle school homework (which will be another post!) and rehearsals for choir, etc....this MOMMA IS TIRED.

Some friends say "Well, you don't have to be out there at fair, let Joe do it."  Our family doesn't work like that. Do you KNOW me?  lol  I organize everything, keep the kids on track, get them where they need to go-besides I deserve to see them accomplish things.  I put in half of the work!  Joe has a full time-very demanding job.  When he gets home, he is running with us the whole time. I am blessed to have a man who does his part with the kids.   What WILL HELP is when Sherry gets her licence to drive!!  WHOOOHOOO.

I know next week will be full throttle school/county fair.  I will probably be crying by Wed. but I am will be doing a happy dance when (please LORD!) the kids stand at the auction and people bid on those goats and rabbits.  Come out to the Waller County Fair-Tuesday/Thursday and Sat.  It is something we look forward to (and dread on some levels) every year.  It is a LOT of hard work for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment