Monday, September 2, 2013

Glass House



My boys will be fourth generation Aggies if they decide to go to Texas A&M.  In our house there is a lot of talk about our very young quarterback. I have looked at the media, the fans, and even the people that want him to fail.  After watching the chaos on ESPN and social media, I have come to one conclusion.  

If you are looking at a man (or woman) to be a role model, you will be disappointed at some point. Sure, we need an example, but a human is not it.  Men are fallible.  They fall. They stumble. They make mistakes and, nowadays, in front of the whole world if you have a camera turned on them.  Many people crave the attention. Some people dodge it. Some should. 

Don’t look at any athlete or Hollywood icon to give your children examples to follow.  The Bible points to ONE.  Jesus.  He is the only example that will never fail or disappoint. If your focus is on him, your life morphs into purpose, grace and honor. Place your focus elsewhere and you will be broken with the world’s lies, deceit, and disillusion.  

Romans 3:23-for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  This means a quarterback, a starlet, teachers, parents, police officers, a President.  This means me. I try not to throw stones because I have one BIG glass house, if you get my drift. 




No comments:

Post a Comment