Sunday, January 26, 2014

Redeemed

It is almost midnight and this page must be written.  My husband and kids are sleeping but I can’t because I have a liar whispering in my head. He prowls around like a lion. 

There are some words (in my youth) that I should have never heard.

I don’t love you anymore.
I choose someone else.

Some conversations knock the wind and hope right out of you. 

Wait, I thought remission mean more time?  Reply: Not in your case. 
Should I keep taking Cholesterol medicine? Reply: No.
Mammograms?     Reply: Not anymore.
When do I get to stop taking chemo? Reply: Never.

There are some words that should never be spoken.

Cancer is a blessing. 
I know just how you feel.....(when you don’t)

But there are promises that the liar can’t take from me.

This is not my home.
              John 14:2-4
            In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place            for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going."

I belong to the King.

My children and husband will see me again. 

There is no pain or tears in Heaven. 
             Revelation 21:4-8
           He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the     old order of things has passed away."  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" 

My salvation seals my eternity. 

He listens to my prayers.  Even the ones I shout, beg and cry out to Him. 

The prowling lion has left for now. Jesus is here with his hand on my shoulder. Telling me that I am many things but the most important is ...redeemed.


No comments:

Post a Comment