Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sunny and 75

I had a great Christmas.  Kids were good.  Presents were wonderful.  Great church service.

Then I have to start the new year with an additional threat over my head.  Bilirubin levels are high, have gall stones, trying to determine where levels are off due to my chemo or maybe even something wrong with my liver.

I won't lie….I was thankful that there were no addition finds of cancer in other organs but I feel like I have been kicked in the gut.  Literally.  I am tired of doctors, medicine, side effect, changes and threats of health crisis.  It is ONLY Jan. 2.  Kind of ironic.  Anyway, I am just tired.  And a bit angry right now.

If I could drive my car to the Bahamas-I would.  I need a beach trip like yesterday.  The sand and wind always make me feel like cancer and all of its friends live somewhere else.

My youngest daughter told me today (when she saw me crying), "You won't always be sick. Don't worry."  She is so wise and I don't think she knew how correct her statement was.  I won't always be sick.  Thank you Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment