Monday, May 20, 2013

The Second Time Around




I have been bracing myself since they announced “clear margins” for the second round of cancer.  I didn’t have to wait too long.  Only a few months. Now it is in my lungs-both of them.

While the terror is the same, my approach is different.  I will admit I cried for 2 days after the Catscan came back with lung nodules and I knew it was cancer.  But after we saw the surgeon and got a plan together, an eerie calm came over me.  It just is what it is.  That is all.  It is cancer. I can’t run from it, hide under the bedcovers or fall in a deep pit again.  

 For the past 6 months, God has been preparing me for a big change.  I assumed it meant moving sooner, than we thought, to D.C, but in reality, I guess it was this.  

Those of you that know me, know I don’t sugar coat things. (Although I am polite)  I won’t call it something that it isn’t. I am very transparent and you see what you get, basically.  

One thing I won’t do is hide from life- this time around.  There will days that I am sure I will want to. I told Cassidy in the Bible-David RAN at Goliath.  He ran at his enemy-even though the enemy was four times his height and more experienced.  He ran without hesitation.  That is how I am approaching this battle.  

My kids read this blog and my facebook page so I am careful with my words.  (I urge you to be careful with yours as well-feel free to private message me if it something you think I need to answer without young eyes) But I will not shy away pointing to the enemy and calling it by its name.  

I have never made a bucket list.  But here is my top 5 things I want to do this year:)
  1. Go to the beach with my family
  2. Have great pictures taken with my kids
  3. publish this novel
  4. pay off Tanner’s last 2 years of college.
  5. Grow my hair out.  (I know-silly but I am a girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment