Tuesday, August 13, 2013

HUGE NEWS-update


My Catscan was not there, at first, when I got to Dr. Fleener’s office.  She had to light a fire under a radiologist’s rear end.  Even when it came in, she called to make sure she was reading the scarce results correctly and then asked if she could speak to another Dr. to read them because she was not satisfied with “lazy” reporting:)  She and three other women prayed over the fax machine as the new report was faxed over.  This is WHY I insist on staying with this oncologist!  

My Catscan shows one nodule remains!  One in my right lung-the rest are GONE.  Even the tiny ones in my left middle lung-are no more. If you don’t realize what a miracle this is-you should have seen the numbers or percentages they gave me originally and then echoed by MD Anderson.  I am not in remission.  But the one that measured 1.1 cm is still there and the rest have vanished.  (Guess living in the bathroom and scorched feet-paid off!)

In 12 weeks I will do multiple scans.  Just to cover all my bases.  I asked if we should do a pet scan or brain scan now-she said no.  Generally, if Xeloda is working (which I fall into the small percentage of people who respond to this drug) more cancer will not appear in “off sites”.  (Like bones, liver, etc) 

Although guarded, we are certainly taking this HUGE praise and running with it.  I have to stay on Xeloda (if I keep responding-long term).  I will go to MD Anderson and hope that my doctor there is as ecstatic as Fleener and her staff.  

God was all over this, whether I showed improvement or not.  I’m not out of the woods, by any means, but thankful.  Haven’t really showed emotion over this yet.  It might be because I had a total meltdown last night.....Satan was prowling and having a field day.  

Still stage 4-triple negative breast cancer BUT I will take this blessing for what it is.....”remarkable improvement” (quote from two doctors) and give Glory to my Lord.  

2 comments: