Sunday, August 18, 2013

Remembered

A 19 year old friend of my oldest son wrote something that I have been thinking about a lot the past year.  How do I want to be remembered?  I could say all the nice things you always say about someone when they go to heaven (if that is where they are headed) but I prefer to be brutally honest about the person I am.

How do I want to be remembered?
I am a sinner. I made mistakes.  A lot of them.  I love Jesus and am saved by His mercy and love but I still sin.  It is called being human.  I get mad. Often. Mad that I was given cancer. But in the same breath, I trust God and will praise Him whether I am cured this side of heaven or the other.  I will not be an angel when I die.  He has enough-I will probably be put in charge of getting people to do stuff.  Clean the gardens or something. Ha ha  And when I get to heaven, I get a new body.  I'm looking forward to this.  If I look like a me version of Beyonce-I am OK with that.  And I want to be able to sing like Carrie Underwood, all day long for my Jesus.

I am a mom of 6.  Yes, I said 6.  I lost a baby when I was about 24, and I count him.  I love my kids like a Momma tiger, tough on them when they need it, prowl around them when they need to take care of business, curl up with them when they are wounded and fight like hell for them when they are backed into a corner.  I won't hesitate to rip someones heart out if they hurt one of my babies.  Ask the kids.  Lol


I am a wife of the best man on this earth.  I am a teacher.  I love the underdog kid in the classroom-the one that no one can get to do anything.  I like them.

I don't sensor anything for anyone, but I'm polite.  I have manners.  I gave up trying to please people a long time ago.  I try to please my husband and my Lord.  That is it.


I am creative. But not a real artist. I wish I could paint what is in my imagination. I am not adventurous by nature.  Water slides and roller coaster are NOT my friends.  I am a writer.  I have dreams.  Many of them.  One of which is to be published.  Here's another line of bull I am about to take aim at-I don't want to be published for fame, or just to see my words on paper.  I want to see a paycheck:)  OK, that is honest enough. I just want to provide for my family. If I had my way, I would live at the beach and write on the porch every morning.

Ask yourself how you want to be remembered.  If it isn't exactly a stellar picture when you think of this-change it.


No comments:

Post a Comment