Monday, August 13, 2012

Time is precious

We were talking about time today at chemo since I had to wait 2 extra hours (long story).  Some people choose to make the most of the time they know they have left in that room.  (Not all are in there with stage 2 cancer like me) Some are opting out of treatment soon because they want the time they have with their families to be uninterrupted by what treatments bring.  (Side effects, making you sick sometimes, dr. appt). And we talked about our real "Time".  God knows your time from before you are even a thought or conception.  He knows when you will leave this earth.  Sadly, you choose where you will end up.  I hope you will not run out of time before you choose Jesus.  It may be limited time.  Or you may have 50 more years to think about it but you never know. 

A person can tell a lot about a person if you look at where they spend their time.  Do they bow at the alter of the tv and watch the world on the screen instead of their family?  Do they shop and spend money but no time with their kids?  Do they work 60 hours a week and then come home and expect all the kids they wanted to go away?  Do they curl up on the couch every day and sleep hours and hours instead of playing ball with their son?  These are all ways you can tell what you value.  By what you spend your time on.....your money too. 

My time is suddenly precious.  I am really tired and don't feel like doing much. But when I do I know I try to show the people around me that I love them.  I try to invest in things that matter.  I am human-there are things that distract me but I do make an effort.  I just know you can't store up treasures and things in this life.  All you can do is store up love in people and your relationship with the Lord.  That is the only thing you can take with you or leave that matters.  This weekend I was shown that putting time into loving a friend was important to a great deal of people and it surprised me and awed me.  Love does that.  Jesus does that.  He has a way of taking something small and making it something awe-inspiring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment