Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Working Week

In all the flurry of preparing, chemo and getting four kids prepped for Joe and I leaving separate directions, I am still over the moon excited that I was flying out on Wed. and not returning until Sunday.  First real break I have had since I was diagnosed with cancer in May.  First break from kids for sure!  Even though I will be working at the Craftsman residency and a lot will be expected out of me, I will still be staying at a wonderful hotel in Colorado Springs and not taking care of anyone but me.  I can't wrap my brain around it.

Long before cancer made its appearance, Joe and I prayed about me entering this Craftsman residency.  It was a huge commitment and I was thrilled about the challenge. 

The week I was diagnosed, I tearfully asked Dr. Fleener if I should give it up because part of it involved this trip and with treatment I didn't know what to expect.  She looked very carefully at what part I would be at in the plan and said, "I don't think it is a good idea for you to give up much more.  You are about to lose your hair, your health in many ways, and this is one thing you don't have to give up."  I was so thankful. 

So off I go to my residency assignment for a few days.  Praying my health stays clear and I can do my work.  I pray the kids are prepared enough for school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment