Monday, July 16, 2012

Adoption Pending

Sherry comes on the weekends and now it is hard for her to leave on Sundays (for me and her both).  In my brain, I come up with all these elaborate schemes of why she doesn't have to go back....but I return her anyway.  It just feels natural that she is here.

We are getting her room ready.  Ribbon boards finished (they are a work in progress because I have no energy), shelf painted (check!), room rearranged, and school supplies bought. I am trying to find (online) two matching bedside tables that I can paint the same way I did the shelf and that way Cassidy and Sherry can have something beside their beds.  Joe has to hang curtain rods in her closet.  Whoever hung the rod hung it for a small child...and we have a teen!

Mailed off the affidavit to our lawyer-next step is finding $2000 to file for adoption.  The minute she moves in on August 1, it starts a 6 month clock ticking toward adoption if we have filed.  No wonder Joe is putting in for all kinds of trips/over time.   ha ha.  They will then start the home study.  Luckily this is a private adoption, so my cancer won't nix the adoption. 

Can't wait until she is here with us, for good.  We already think of her as our daughter and call her our oldest daughter....it's time to make it official!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment