Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weird encounter

I waited in line at customer service at HEB to exchange something with Ike and I hear this kind of creepy voice behind me.  "You go to MD Anderson?"
I ignored it because surely they are not talking to me.....I am at the grocery store. 
Again, the voice repeated the question.  "You go to MD Anderson?"

I turned around and a small woman was standing VERY close to my back and I said, "Excuse me?"
She repeated the question.  "You go to MD Anderson?"

 I wanted to say, "Lady I am NOT really having a hard time hearing you....I am trying to figure out if I have a big sign on my back that screams "I HAVE CANCER..PLEASE COME TALK TO ME ABOUT YOURS"

She fiddled with her odd wig and said, "I have a wig.  Like to wear it every day."  She is looking at my scarf. 

Ike at this point, is narrowing his blue eyes...he doesn't like her.  She is creeping him out.  I told her, "That is nice."  And I turned back around.  I am not feeling particularly friendly.  I am REALLY trying to be polite but I want to tell her "I am in HEB for goodness sake....go away."

She asked me if I had a wig and what stage I was.  Ike piped up.  "My mommy is shopping."  Lol  I wanted to kiss his buzz haircut!  I told her I had one, didn't prefer to wear it.  I turned around again.  This is A CLUE.

She keeps talking to me.  I have my back turned.  Very unChristian-like, I know.  Finally, I kind of give her the look.  You know the look.....the Caldwells have one that can bury you.  I told her "I hope you are blessed through your treatment but I do not have time to talk about mine."  I wasn't trying to be mean....really.  I just thought it was WEIRD.....weird, weird.....and kind of creepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment