Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ikester and pillow talk

Ikester had a rough night.  Long ago, I would lay down with him and just tell him stories.  Tonight was one of those nights when he needed major mommy time and I had energy to give it.  We had only a small lamp on and it was nice and comfy in that twin bed.  (I am telling you... I was hard pressed to stay awake!) He was super curious about my hair or lack there of....
Ike: Let me feel under that scarf. 
Me:  It is mighty prickly under there....are you sure you want to?
Ike: Yep....let me feel it. 
So he slid his hand under the side and started giggling. 
Ike:  You're right.  Is it growing back?
Me:  Don't know.
Ike:  Let me SEE it.  (This is huge because I haven't let anyone but my sister and Joe see my head)
I pulled the scarf off half way and  his eyes got really big.
 Ike:  OHHHHH.
Me:  thank you for not laughing.
Ike:  Would that hurt your feelings if I laughed?
Me:  Maybe
Ike:  Cause I really want to laugh......

We both busted out in giggles....how can you get mad at him?

No comments:

Post a Comment