Wednesday, September 5, 2012

6 more to go

Since I have been slightly emotional over everything very tired this week, I assumed my anemia (RBC) had dropped back in the 8's.  But no, the nurse said I was still anemic (9.3) which accounts for the fatigue.  I told him-"Taxol was supposed to be the lighter chemo and I feel like I have more small side effects with this one than I did with the two big protocols.
emotional
fatigue
nosebleeds
wheezing/cough-although that one seems to have gone away, I think????
cramping of feet
weight gain/swelling
losing my eyebrows/lashes
fever the last couple of days of the week

He said, "Who told you Taxol was easier?  It is STILL chemo and everyone reacts differently.  Taxol is accumulative too...soooo you are feeling worse and worse as the treatments go.  Sorry but that is the truth of it."   

No wonder I didn't miraculously feel so much better if it's accumulative.  Makes sense.  When I first started taking it, it was like Whooohoooo....this is much better and then every treatment I added a side effect and felt worse with the anemia. 

6 more.....and then the next hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment