Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reminder

There is a vegetable market close to Julio's in Tomball.  The owner is Vincent (young Hispanic) and his brother Tomas.  I have noticed the market has been closed lately.  Today we ate at Julio's and I took the kids into the vegetable market to see Mr. Vincent.  He and I usually exchange pleasantries and he is the nicest young man.  When I say young-probably late 20's to early 30's.  He apologized for not having much stock out, he had been closed for 3 weeks.  I asked him if everything was OK and he shared with me some sad news.

Vincent's twin brother, Tomas died of a heart attack 3 weeks ago.  I told him how sorry I was to hear of his loss and how we would pray for his family.  I asked him if he had a church family that helped him in South Texas during the funeral arrangements and funeral.  He said it was a huge Catholic service but it has been hard. I again told him I would pray for his family.  But my heart was so sad for him.  First, to have a twin die-must be awful.  Second, to lose a brother to a heart attack SO YOUNG....wow, I was stunned.

If you know of the place by Julio's, stop by and tell him you are praying for him.  It doesn't sound like he goes to church.  I told the kids when we got in the truck, they were very worried for Mr. Vincent.

Time is limited on earth.  I have given my heart to Jesus and know where I am going. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment