Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dodging phone calls and facebook at times

Sorry I am still dodging some calls and posts.  I can only hear positive stuff.  Which 90% have been after people starting getting the message from my tone or something that I can not handle negitive.  But still I have been getting the long stories of how Uncle so and so died from his chemo treatments, some reaction....but oh i am sure that won't happen to you.  These kinds of stories really send me into panic as I am headed into my first chemo treatment.  Until a month ago I thought all chemo was the same-there are like 20 different kinds so swapping stories about all the horrible things your chemo did to you doesn't help either unless you have the exact same chemo I have.  I have 3 friends that have that.  3 is not a lot.  I have 3 combos of chemo-Adriamycin (Red Devil), Cytoxan and then later Taxol.  They are particularly unfriendly combos but they have to be used to get the job done.  I know loving friends would love to see me go another route like use hormone therapy or HERT2 therapy but that isn't an option with my kind of cancer.  I can't use supplements or special vitamins or diets that might interfere with the Red Devil I take in one of my combos...so no use in trying to tell me to take that.  Sorry, just get tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment