Tuesday, June 19, 2012

more on hair:)

My fabulous hairdresser whom I adore is not to blame.  I told her to cut it super short-she did as clumps of hair fell of in her hands as she is brushing it out.  I am sure she was like "We should just shave it," but she didn't say it because she knows me too well. The girl has known me since high school and knew I would crumble into a million pieces right there on her floor. It is shorter than Tanner's and just longer than Ethan's and YES it is currently under a scarf and NO I am not wearing it out in public.  Short hair does not suit me.  Bald hair does not suit me. Pardon me for being blunt but black women are the only ones that can pull off bald hair.  It doesn't usually work for white women.  I don't care what anyone says.  Men can go bald.....not natural on a woman.

Joe asked me why I was taking this so hard. Aside from me worrying about him finding me attractive anymore (which he is quick to say I am beautiful, blah, blah)  I told him it was part of my identity.  Always has been.  Growing it long, coloring  it, covering up gray, curling it, straightening, etc.  Girls kind of dig their hair and now mine is pretty much gone. I thought when Claire cut it that it would magically stop falling out....uhhh....no it is like it gave it permission just to fall out at will.  Lol 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, CeCe, I hate this for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I was really hoping and praying for a miracle and being able to keep your hair. (For me menopause has been like chemo without the nausea...hair has been falling out steadily and what's coming back in is more like pinfeathers than actual hair.) I agree with you: baldness is not natural on a woman. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete