Sunday, June 3, 2012

A weekend to remember

I didn't cry at my son's graduation.  Didn't even get teary-eyed.  Guess it was because I was so overjoyed that I was well enough to attend it.  It was also not lost on me that this was my last weekend before chemo.  My last weekend of hair for a while, last weekend of normalcy, and last weekend of laughter of fatigue-free-chemo-driven life....and to top it off Tanner walked across the stage.  So I didn't cry. 

Tomorrow I start chemo.  I have to admit I am scared to death-more of the procedure itself.  Ethan has been quiet all weekend.  He is kind of my inner mirror, I think.  Whatever I am trying to hide, he openly reflects and I hate that he is looking so scared.  I can't get him to shake it. The rest of the family is kind of humming along, which I prefer.  But my heart gets locked on my middle child.  I hate to see him suffer. 

I have a wig, I have two scarves and two hats and lots of anti nausea stuff the doctor gave me (my triple chemo lends itself to nausea...great!) ....I guess I am ready for the chemo.  Are you really EVER ready for this though?  Just wake me up in October when its over.  Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment