Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fashion Show

I decided to bite the bullet and show the kids what the wigs and scarves looked like. I came out with the scarf first.  Watching Ethan's expression carefully because he is the one that has been the most upset over the potential hair loss, he said, "That isn't totally terrible."  Tried on wig from American Cancer Society-they all said, "It is ok, we can live with that one."  Tried on the long wig-hoots and howls from the peanut gallery......guess they didn't like it because I got comments like "throw back from the 80's".  Tanner shook his head politely. 

I tried to wear a scarf under one of the blingy baseball caps but it doesn't feel right and looks dumb.  Finally found a small scarf that works.  (You don't want bald head to show underneath but big scarves are too bulky to fit hat over). 

Ethan said he likes the hats and the scarves separately.  Hates the wigs.  (Surprised there)  Cassidy soothed my feelings over the 80's wig....i wasn't really hurt.  It was funny.  Tanner was the real critic I was listening to because he isn't a child.  He was pretty supportive over all.  Wig #2 he hated. 

Chemo #2 is Monday so I am just bracing myself because the hair will fall out after that one.  It is already "shedding" a lot more than usual.  I surprised Tanner when I said my eyebrows and eyelashes would fall out.  Ethan said, "YOU ARE NOT PAINTING eyebrows on, are you???????"  I told him no.  I didn't think so but I was going to do false eyelashes.  Funny the conversations you have to have with your sons!

3 comments:

  1. I would stick with scarves if it were me. I think there's a certain dignity in not trying to hide it. There are a ton of headwrapping websites that teach you to do all sorts of fun things on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they offered this in black I'd probably wear it every single day.
    http://www.headcovers.com/367/cotton-roller-hats/

    This site has a TON of good options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually got all of my scarves except one at Headcovers.com. They are so pretty. Cassidy said, "We are going to have to figure out how to do that rosette thing...I bet I can figure it out." Love that girl

    ReplyDelete