Thursday, May 17, 2012

Diagnosis is in....

I am a huge wreck at this point.  It is invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC)-high risk.  No stage has been given, although the dr. said if he was guessing (without testing my lymph nodes) it would be AT2 and stage 1b or 2a but the high risk part kind of bounces that out of the park.  His recommendation is two part-1) no surgery yet.  (I am devestated at this....I was hoping to get this poison out yesterday!!!) He wants me to see an oncologist and start Pre Op Chemotherapy ASAP for the next 3-4 months, probably every 3/4 weeks.  On Tuesday, his plan is to put a line in so they can just intravent. put the chemo in  2) Surgery after that.  Then more chemo/radiation.  I asked if mastectomy would just allieviate this danger and he said no-tumor is too big right now. I need pre op chemo to shrink and then hopefully we can do a lumpectomy. 

They are trying to find me an oncologist in College Station as we speak.  I don't want MD Anderson, as wonderful as they are.  I want to be home with my hometown people.  Sounds weird, I know but if I have to walk through hell might as well be with Aggies.  Sorry but that is how  I feel , at least initially.  I have NO idea how this is going to get paid for.  We have exactly $50 in my checking account and that is not going to change.  Seriously, this will wreck us financially. 

I am not ready to lose my hair or be sick.  I am not ready for this.....at this time I am crying and stamping my feet but I guess I better get ready because it's coming.

9 comments:

  1. Cece, I am so very sorry. You are one of the toughest ladies I know. This sucks. Plain and simple. It SUCKS! I have 6 friends and family currently fighting cancer all in their 30s and 40s. I just don't understand it. Let people help you. There is a maid service that will clean your house for you while you are sick for free. Sign up for that. Let people bring you dinner. You are in my prayers! If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echoing Kelly. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. We are here for you CeCe. Give my phone number to your hubby and tell him to keep it in his phone in case either of you needs help with anything, no matter how big or small. We are praying here, I have family and complete strangers all across the country praying for you. It sucks but YOU, my friend, are one of the most determined people I know and you will beat it. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cece,

    I know you are a great woman of God. I hope that these scriptures will bring you peace. My prayers are with you and your family. Kelly Anderson-Pickens

    Mal 4:2 "But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.

    Psalms 118:17 “I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of Jehovah.”

    Jam 5:14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.


    Jam 5:15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.


    Jam 5:16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results


    2Sa 22:40 You have armed me with strength for the battle; you have subdued my enemies under my feet.

    Psa 29:11 The LORD gives his people strength. The LORD blesses them with peace.

    Psa 59:9 You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress.

    Isa 12:2 See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mrs. B, this makes my heart ache for you. I will be praying, for you and your family. Love you. <3
    "Heal me Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Jordan is this? I had about 7 in the past 4 years and i want to be able to think of one in particular when I look at this scripture?

      Delete
  5. CeCe,

    By all means let people help you. You right about being at home. It would have been nice to have Mason at a local hositpal, but that wasn't an option. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CeCe,
    I am weeping with you......I am also praying for you and standing in the gap for you and your family. I know how hard it is to pray in the midst of devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CeCe,
    This is news, but news is not truth. I love you and will pray. Hard. (Laurel)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey CeCe! There are great Doctors here in Bryan/College Station. Wherever you choose to be, you will NOT BE ALONE! Your College Station family will be there with you! Call on us any time! : )

    ReplyDelete