Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Update:) Finally good news

It is strange that I consider this all good news because it is still cancer but you have to find blessings in the dark.  First of all, drain is out!  Yahoo.  I can dress like a normal person!  Secondly, report from surgeon and Dr. Erin goes like this-
1.  Dr. O took out 16 lymph nodes (all swollen and looked worrisome-this is where God came in because it should have been cancer!)-NO CANCER.  CLEAR.  Amen!  All three doctors were stunned.  Dr. Erin even called me on the way home and wanted to make sure I knew she verified this with pathology and two other doctors.  No wonder I felt like my arm had been ripped off and sewn back on again.  16!! 
2.  Petscan is CLEAR-NO CANCER.

Because there is some swelling in my right side from where the drain was, Dr. Erin wants to hold off on the chemo until Monday.  It might be draining fine but we may have to treat for an infection.  Either way I will start on Monday.  Every 2 weeks for 4 weeks and then every week until Oct. 15. 

Yeah.....even though I still have cancer, still going to lose my hair, still hating the diagnosis of cancer.  Stage 2 is a lot better odds than stage 3 or 4.  Whew.  Praise Jesus. Keep praying friends!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great news! Arlene and I will keep praying, and our 4th grade our Sunday school class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CeCe, that is good news! Love you, girl!!

    Love,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah! You're gonna kick this thing in the teeth yet! XOXO - Karen Caton

    ReplyDelete