Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Getting Personal

When you face cancer, if you are lucky enough to have a great cancer clinic like I do, you start knowing people by name.  From the surgeon's nurse, Beth to the oncologist's billing lady, Nikki to the nurse in oncology-Jennifer.  They may not know you as well but you know them.  At large hospitals that is not always the case but I love Bryan because they call me to check on me, call me on the cell phone to give me messages, etc. In fact one radiologist who commuted from Tomball to Bryan every day, knew I was in a pinch for some mammogram films DROVE the films to me and met me at Target.  I am sorry.....that is small town living at its best and that is why I still feel called to go to Bryan. 

Yesterday, some preliminary pathology reports came in. Beth called from her personal cell phone and told me she begged Dr. Oswalt to let her call me and not let me wait until I saw Dr. Erin today to give me these results.  She explained them as she cried with joy.  I love her.  Sweet lady.  I kind of sat stunned because part of me isn't believing them until Dr. Erin backs it up with the PETSCAN results and says the same words today.  But Beth was pretty adamant.  I slept last night for the first time in 2 weeks.  Of course I took two adavan too so....I don't know which calmed me more.  I will let you know what Dr. Erin says.  Let's pray for good news.  No lymph nodes affected would be the best news and cancer contained would be great also;  no where else in the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment